Have you ever wondered how to dramatically improve yourself starting today, by following simple and proven steps on how to become a better human being than you were yesterday? Then you have come to the right place!
When you first find yourself introspecting about the ways in which you could improve yourself, it can be a difficult and confusing process. However, with these five steps, you will feel much more confident in your ability to transform yourself into a new and improved individual. That way, by the time tomorrow rolls around, there is no doubt that your improvement has been made possible through this process.
The best way to achieve anything in this life is by developing processes and systems. Below is a simple process that will surely help you do and be more.
1. Think about how your actions will affect the world and make sure you are making a positive impact.
2. Spend time with people who are different than you to learn from them and feel more connected to humanity as a whole.
3. Spend time outside, especially in nature, every day to help re-center your energy and reconnect with the earth.
4. Be kind to yourself, no one is perfect! Make an effort each day to be kinder towards yourself for any flaws or mistakes you made so that you can learn from them later on (and therefore not repeat them!). Be mindful of what triggers negative thoughts about yourself, such as social media or negative self-talk in your head, and take the time to reflect on the parts of you that are still good, kind and gentle.
5. Get to know yourself a little bit more-knowing yourself (including your strengths and weaknesses) will help you get more comfortable in new situations, allowing you to develop greater self-confidence.
6. Practice mindfulness – explore the act of being still and accepting thoughts, feelings, or sensations without judgment or reactivity.
7. Be compassionate with yourself in your daily life by helping people in need that you come across, giving back to your community, taking care of yourself physically and emotionally, and meditating (if you are so inclined) to help slow down the pace of your thoughts.
8. Cultivate a healthy relationship with food-eat healthy food that is full of nutrition.